Sunday, February 19, 2012

No one does it like Elvis.

Song for this post: "Moon River" ~ Audrey Hepburn

I woke up without an alarm at 7:00 AM. On a Sunday. Most people would be pissed by that but I think it's pretty fantastic.  Most of my family members wake up really early and I've always thought it's great how much they can accomplish before noon.  We don't have much life to live...I don't want to miss the few mornings I have in this world sleeping.


This morning will be my last run in this neighborhood.  I've run the same trail for a while now and I'm really going to miss it. It's absolutely beautiful.  I'll miss all the stairs. The cool thing about Leschi and Mt. Baker neighborhoods (besides the jogging trail that goes from downtown to Bellevue with a crazy-good view of Lake Washington) is that, once you get down to Lake WA on the trail, you have to take nine million sets of outdoor stairs to get back. Guaranteed endurance training. Great for the heart. I'll make a point to get pictures this morning.  A friend of mine who lives over where the new house is says he'll help me find some good running trails over there. So that makes me happy.

I spent yesterday evening with my long time friend Lindsey.  We went to primary school together but she moved here right after high school.  When I came two years ago I was incredibly grateful to know someone.  We don't get to spend much time together but we enjoy the time we do.  Last night we went to see Breakfast At Tiffany's. Audrey Hepburn continues to be one of the most beautiful women in history to me. And, let's face it, that movie was SCANDALOUS. There's this little dinner theatre near my house that plays old movies so we watched Audrey be hilarious and drank wine and ate dessert. Pretty girly evening.  I LOVE evenings like that. We're going to make it a ritual. Next on the list is wine and Dirty Dancing. :)

Anyway, the theatre always shows these old previews from the same era of the featured movie. They showed one that had Elvis in it and I commented on how obsessed with Elvis I am. Oh ya...PS...I'm obsessed with Elvis.  Honestly, I'm obsessed with that whole era: the dresses, the hair, the chivalry, the domesticity, all of it. And Elvis was super hot. At least, he was, until Lindsey crushed my hopes and dreams:

Me: "Why can't I find a man like that? You know, a strong, sexy, talented man's man."

Lindsey: "Because Elvis got fat and bloated and died on a toilet."

Me: "Oh ya, well...there's that."

No comments:

Post a Comment