Saturday, May 5, 2012

Joan Rivers and Nuclear Testing sites

Song for this post: "You Belong To Me" ~ Tori Amos

My house is about 5 blocks from the ferry dock so, unless it's torrential outside I walk. I like the walk. It wakes me up in the morning and it's usually really pretty in the afternoon.  Also, I live in the arts district of a town that looks like it should be one of those nuclear test sites in New Mexico. No joke. EVERYTHING here is like 1950.  It's incredible.


Yesterday on my walk home I realized it was first Friday so all of the galleries and restaurants and such were open and everyone was dressed up. I stopped to look at the cute little movie theater straight out of the movie The Majestic.

Anyway, the sign said Joan Rivers was performing that night.

Performing what? Impromptu plastic surgery? Her last eulogy? An autopsy?

Then it occurred to me that I was a mere 50 feet away from her. I was 50 feet and a brick wall away from an actual, real life, zombie.


Thank you Bremerton, for being the starting point of the zombie apocalypse.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for starting my morning on such a hilarious note. Srsly. This made me lol so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, also, Laci pointed out that the theater's sign looks strangely like "The Admiral", and I'm inclined to agree.

    ReplyDelete