Monday, June 18, 2012

Home is where the heart is...and the liquor...and the hilarity.

Song for this post: "Just to be with You" ~ Mr. Big


So I went home to my hometown this weekend to see family on Father's Day.  Brought a few things back with me:
My gorgeous Sissy, Dia. 


Me and my best friend & foster sister, Coryn.

"Mom, the older you get the more eff bombs you drop."
"I'm old. I've earned it. Leave me the fuck alone."

Everyone, meet Nick.  And Nick's beard. :D

"What did I do last night?" Pause. Pause. Pause. "Oh ya. I got drunk."


That's my Sissy...and her milkshake date.

 "2 milkshakes. It's like I'm on a date with myself."

My mother's irrationally large garden. And by irrational I mean it's 80 X 175.
"She's so amazing she doesn't even know how amazing she is. That's amazing."

Classy, us.

Everyone, meet Harley. 

 Did I tell you my mother is an artist. She is. A good one.
She did this one of me. I have a copy in my house too.

Nick's dog Lita the Destroyer. Vicious, I know.

Oh and hey! Guess what else happened this weekend? Baby Eva walked!


All in all, it was a pretty awesome weekend. I got to spend it with some people who are incredibly important to me. I'm sad I didn't get to see my Dad (he's really sick right now) or my Grammy and Grandpa and Uncle and Aunt. But I did get to see my Mom, my Sissy, my Papa Paul, and Nick, all people who are taking up some secure real estate in my heart guts at a time in my life when my heart gut economy and real estate market has been in a recession.

2 comments: