Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)

You know those people who are all like, "I've had the same friends since I was a baby" blah blah blah and they seem to have this movie-worthy network of friends, family, and emotional support?

Well, that's me.

I've had the same close friends since I was little. Some of them LITERALLY since I was a baby. 

I don't think about it in those terms that often. To me, they're just my friends and they're just my family. They've been a part of who I am for so long that sometimes I forget that what we have is incredibly special. Like my sisters. I'm lucky to have some kick ass sisters. My parents raised strong, intelligent, capable, mouthy, fiery women and, somehow, we all get along beautifully. How often do sisters get along very well let alone be each other's Best. Friends. ???

Not often.

You've all heard about Nick. Hell, he's all over this blog. Nick and I have known each other so long that we actually shared a babysitter as toddlers. I seem to remember napping next to him in daycare too. He's easily in the top 5 most amazing people I know and his friendship and love for me is totally non-judgemental and completely unconditional and so is mine.

But do you wanna know what's REALLY "Sex In The City" about my life and friendships? 

Every quarter I throw a big sleepover and event for all the women I know. And you know what's crazy? LOTS of people come and they're all close friends of mine. How many women can say that!?! How fucking lucky am I that my closest friends travel from all over the place once every three months so we can see each other and remind each other how awesome we think each other are and that we really will ALWAYS be there for each other!?!

That never changes. They will ALWAYS be there. And so will I. 

I'm just so goddamned grateful and thankful for all of them (srsly I have like 20 BFs) for being such amazing people who I admire and respect and love and I'm so lucky they love me back.

Thnkx for bein' you, you silly, crazy people. <3

Unnecessary photo bomb:























1 comment:

  1. You do have some amazing friends. I am very proud to count myself as one of them. Love you.

    ReplyDelete