Tuesday, December 27, 2011

"Why not leave death to the mortals?"

Song for this post: "Bones" ~ CC Adcock & The Lafayette Marquis


If you haven't read "The Life of Pi" yet. Do. Now.

I started it yesterday on my trip back to Seattle and love it so far. Beautiful story line mixed with poignant and thought provoking views on religion, politics, humane treatment of animals, and society. Kind of awesome and INCREDIBLY quotable (my favorite...because I'm that pretentious, book-memorizing a-hole).
‎"The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possessive love that grabs at what it can. But life leaps over oblivion lightly, losing only a thing or two of no importance, and gloom is but the passing shadow of a cloud."
I'm seriously hoping it's adapted for the big screen. I think it would make a spectacular movie...like, the kind that Tom Hanks has a hand in producing. For rlz.


Buy it for Kindle here


-ADDENDUM-

Don't read it. The end sucks. I'm still pissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment