Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Points to the proverbial ethical line.

Sure. Let's be childish and bitter...

Parenthetical aside: (I know...in the last post I said I wouldn't turn this into a diatribe. What can I say? I'm a girl. I offend reason).

Let's talk about this man: (or "Let's talk about this, Man!)

We dated for a while. We got along great. It ended when he wasn't ready to commit. And that was okay. I mean, he did tell me once that he doesn't believe in monogamy and never will. But he said no one understood him like I did...that I was special...that we connected. He said a lot of horseshit that I've since learned are HUGE red flags. He also said, "What girls don't know, doesn't hurt them." We ended up being good friends and have continued running together, having cocktails, watching James Bond flicks in his living room and, occasionally, sleeping together (but only when I was single because, like some others, I have an ethical line that I don't cross). The last time we were together was November 3rd.  The last time he asked to get together was December 13th.

Hey guess what?  I learned something AWESOME last week.  Wanna know what it is?

This is his LIVE IN girlfriend. She actually seems really awesome. She has no idea I exist. Yep. That happened. I realize it's the oldest tale in the book but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt like a bitch when it happens. I asked him why he didn't tell me they lived together. He said, "I don't know how I got into this mess." It gets worse though. When I told him this wasn't okay and that I felt guilty he said I had "no reason to feel guilty."  He said I should know what he is by now and that he compartmentalizes his life. He said I had no reason to feel guilty about what he was doing to her. That's kind of a big F U to Miss Almost Wifey isn't it?

I asked him if he loved her. He told me it was none of my business. I cried a bunch like a small, disturbed child.

I'm not saying my moral compass points north (or any hard direction, really) but a line has to be drawn somewhere.  Integrity isn't something I hold in spades but I need at least some.

Dick.

For those who know me IRL, isn't there a seriously disturbing resemblance between the two of us?!?! Just sayin'...




Point of note:  Names were not used here for legal reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment