Monday, July 2, 2012

Zombies helped me lose weight!

Song for this post: "Wide Awake" ~ Katy Perry

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone is enjoying this outstanding heatwave! And by that I mean, it's still 60 degrees and raining here. Actually, it's 56.

Srsly. While the rest of the country melts in record-breaking temperatures, Seattle is still pluggin' along at <60 degrees. It's hardly even spring here, let alone summer. And it's July. I really enjoy a temperate climate so I'm not bothered. But I'm sure all the transplants I know here are likely losing it. It takes a certain kind of person to be okay with not getting Vitamin D naturally for more than a year. We're all just a little off.

I love Seattle. <3

I'm logged into G Chat pretty much 24 hours a day. If it's not on my PC, it's on my netbook, if it's not on my netbook, it's on my phone. I'm a communicator. This morning, my Sissy and I had a lovely conversation about eating chicken on Sunday (or something):

Click to enlarge
Multi-lingual, us.


Oh hey! Have you people in the Northwest heard about the Zombie Run?!?! What's better than a 5k? A 5k with ZOMBIES!  That's a motivator, that is!

But if you don't have the time to participate in a 5k and jog through puddles of fake blood, get your horror fix with this new, handy-dandy running app that simulates the zombie apocalypse! The app uses your phone's GPS to mark your surroundings. A voice tells you what to do to escape impending zombie doom, and a run tracker keeps track of your miles and speed. Use Zombies, Run! to turn your running trail into a violent, post-apocalyptic world of survival and face-eating fun! Awesome!


I'm having a hard time going to work lately. It's not really work that I have the problem with. More specifically, it's the alley I have to pass to get there. Let me explain:

I used to work for a homeless charity. It's something I carry dear to my heart as having been a life-changing experience. But now, as a result, I want to vomit every time I pass this alley between 3rd and 4th and Pike.

...because it smells like pee.

And it doesn't just smell like pee. It smells like a certain kind of pee. That's one of the many things I learned from my time in charity: the many and varied aromas of human waste. No joke. There's a whole rainbow of odors associated with that stuff and I'm super aware of a lot of them now.

I'm not bragging, really.

I can't pass that alley without gagging. Here's the kicker: I noticed recently that some restaurants smell like that. My hyper aware nose has changed the way I view downtown Seattle. I can't touch anything anymore. I have a really tough time eating in the International District or in Pioneer Square (srsly. I made Nick take me to 5 different dim sum places before I stopped feeling like I was going to have a panic attack). And I can't be in close proximity with people I don't know because I might breathe their air.

My philanthropy will be the death of me.

This:

And this:


I hope to God my kids are as kick-ass as Will Smith's kids. I mean, srsly. Both of them are these little, creative, robotic powerhouses.

I want one.

Lastly,

I love you, Anderson.


"Recently, however, I’ve begun to consider whether the unintended outcomes of maintaining my privacy outweigh personal and professional principle. It’s become clear to me that by remaining silent on certain aspects of my personal life for so long, I have given some the mistaken impression that I am trying to hide something - something that makes me uncomfortable, ashamed or even afraid. This is distressing because it is simply not true.
I’ve also been reminded recently that while as a society we are moving toward greater inclusion and equality for all people, the tide of history only advances when people make themselves fully visible. There continue to be far too many incidences of bullying of young people, as well as discrimination and violence against people of all ages, based on their sexual orientation, and I believe there is value in making clear where I stand.
The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud."









No comments:

Post a Comment