Friday, April 6, 2012

Green eggs & ham...pizza

Song for this post: "Good Enough" ~ Cyndi Lauper

Today's "Friday meeting" really wasn't what it usually is. Everyone is either out of office or super broke so, at first, it was just me and a girlfriend. I drank wine and ate yummy spinach/feta pizza while she talked about her son. We scheduled a night to hang out and work on her resume.

My girlfriend is awesome and she seriously underestimates herself. She's so amazing and I love her to death and she's wonderful but she's also kinda funny because she got this kick ass degree without ever thinking about what she would do with it once she had it. The only reason she got it is because she was a single mother and wanted to show her son anything is possible and you CAN go to college and achieve your dreams no matter what.


The thing is, now that she did that, she has no idea what she wants to do with her degree. Doesn't most of America say that? God love her.

So she's going to come over so we can work on her resume and talk about what kind of position she would be happy in.

About an hour in my boss finally showed up. He always orders some kind of pizza covered in bacon (what is it with boys and their bacon?). It doesn't really matter what else is on it...as long as there's bacon.  Today he got the Green Eggs & Ham Pizza. It's a pizza made with ham, bacon and 2 sunnyside up eggs (4 if you get the full sized pizza). Then it's all covered in hollandaise. There's some kind of green sauce on it (hence the "Green" Eggs & Ham) but I have no idea what it is. It was fascinating to look at but I don't think I'd try it, despite the fact that he said it's AMAZING.

Brunch pizza, he called it.


I know. Weird, right?  But whatevs. I bet it was awesome. My sister and I have joked about how my biggest vice in life is eggs. So I bet I'd love that pizza. 

I'm not joking. I HEART eggs. A poached egg and some wHeat toast is the best thing on the planet. I could eat poached eggs and Eggy In A Basket everyday and never get tired of it. For rlz. I figure, if that's my biggest vice, I've got a good thing going.

I think I eat as many eggs in a week as I drink glasses of wine. And by that I mean 2-4. That much of the same thing in any week (excepting showering and things like that) is pretty excessive for me. I have my moments, for sure. For instance, tonight is a women's sleepover at my place. We'll be drinking in excess and watching Gone With The Wind like retards. 

Highlights to follow.

Really, when did I get so boring? Apparently, if I'm not working heavily (which, coincidentally, is where I do all my drinking) I'm also not drinking excessively. And, let's face it. That's where the best blog posts come from. I'm not saying my life isn't interesting. It is. But the interest factor and my ability to retell it in an entertaining way are substantially increased when wine and shots are involved.

I'll work on that. "Summer Drinking Project" hasn't even started so don't give up on me yet.  ALSO, the Ladies Quarterly Sleepover is coming up. Have I told you about that yet?!??! 

OMG.

A while back I decided that, if I was going to get to see my closest friends from my hometown on a regular basis I was going to have to find a way to get them here. I was tired of coming home every three weeks. The drive is long, the gas is expensive, and let's face it, it was quickly turning into a one way situation. It still is, for sure. But at least I found a way to cope with it.

Every quarter I invite all my girlfriends to come stay the weekend.  I always plan a big event. I always get them drunk. And I always find new people to invite to increase our social network. They love it. So do I. It turned out to be a great way to meet friends, have fun, and get people who I love dearly to make the goddamn drive over to visit.

The next one is in June. I'm setting a dozen+ women loose on downtown Seattle for a game of Assassins. Well, that's not entirely accurate. I've combined Assassins with a scavenger hunt. So, to get to the final destination they not only have to keep their photo lanyard in tact, they have to take a shot at each location to get their next clue and upload that shit to facebook.

I know. 

I'm the devil.



No comments:

Post a Comment