Sunday, November 4, 2012

Shackin' up


O but what about love? I forget love 
not that I am incapable of love 
it's just that I see love as odd as wearing shoes- 
I never wanted to marry a girl who was like my mother 
And Ingrid Bergman was always impossible 
And there maybe a girl now but she's already married 
And I don't like men and- 
but there's got to be somebody! 
Because what if I'm 60 years old and not married, 
all alone in furnished room with pee stains on my underwear 
and everybody else is married! All in the universe married but me!

Ah, yet well I know that were a woman possible as I am possible 
then marriage would be possible- 
Like SHE in her lonely alien gaud waiting her Egyptian lover 
so I wait-bereft of 2,000 years and the bath of life. 

~Taken from "Marriage" by Gregory Corso

No comments:

Post a Comment